Latest Version: Version 2.1.8 (April 2005)
Echolot is a Pinger for anonymous remailers.
Echolot, das: (German) sonic depth finder
A Pinger in the context of anonymous remailers is a program that regularily sends messages through remailers to check their reliability. It then calculates reliability statistics which are used by remailer clients to choose the chain of remailers to use.
Additionally it collects configuration parameters and keys of all remailers and offers them in a format readable by remailer clients.
If you're interested in accessing the development tree, just checkout Echolot via [[Subversion|http://subversion.tigris.org/]:
svn co svn://svn.debian.org/echolot/trunk/ echolot
Echolot releases can be downloaded from http://echolot.alioth.debian.org/.
Source code repository is at http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/echolot and svn://svn.debian.org/echolot/.
- HTML::Template (available on CPAN: HTML::Template)
- File::Spec (part of perl base since at perl 5.005)
- Data::Dumper (part of perl base since perl 5.004_71)
- Digest::MD5 (part of perl base since perl 5.8; available on CPAN: Digest::MD5
- GnuPG::Interface (>= 0.33; available on CPAN: GnuPG::Interface
- Class::MethodMaker (available on CPAN: Class::MethodMaker
- A local Mail Transfer Agent (postfix, sendmail, exim, …)
- Gnu Privacy Guard (gpg) (>= 1.0.7)
Closed down as of April 2008 - archives still available.
- echolot-announce – Announcement regarding the Echolot pinger (Archives)
- echolot-users – User support and general discussion about Echolot (Archives)
Some sites running Echolot pingers as of 2012:
- pingstats by cmeclax
- remlsits by Christian Mock
- rlist by Raph Levien